ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly organized and dependable Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President to join us in our Lansdowne, VA Office. The Executive Assistant plays a vital role in the day-to-day and long-term success of the ministry. In this role, you will report to and provide essential administrative support to the Executive Vice President. Daily, you will anticipate needs, responsibilities, and expectations, such as maintain and coordinate schedules, organize and coordinate travel and external engagements for the Executive Vice President, assist with preparing materials and PowerPoints for presentations and internal and external written reports, and provide other administrative support to the team at large as directed. This position will demonstrate a commitment to Executive Vice President activities, continuous quality improvement, and an overall standard of excellence. This position requires physical presence in the office four days per week on average.
Essential Responsibilities for the Executive Team:
In this position, you will:
- Manage the daily schedule and calendar for the Executive Vice President.
- Manage correspondence and communications, including phone calls, email, Outlook and database contacts, and other internal and external correspondence including with high-level contacts such as major ministry friends, executives from other organizations, and members of the ADF Board of Directors. Coordinate with various internal departments related to requests for the Executive Vice President.
- Book and manage domestic and international travel reservations.
- Support day-to-day activities of the Executive Vice President including frequent signature and approval requests for corporate filings, insurance renewals, corporate warranty/subscription renewals, and vendor contracts; bar and CLE requirements/renewals; calendaring; travel itineraries; and electronic and hard copy filing.
- Manage and submit the Executive Vice President’s expense reports.
- Review and approve expense reports and PTO requests for the Executive Vice President’s direct reports.
- Manage various seasonal, personnel, board and event-related communications, reports, and correspondence as needed.
- Work with Finance and HR to process recognition awards for team members at the request of the Executive Vice President.
- Work with the Senior Director of Operations and Senior Project Manager to execute various executive-level or teamwide projects and activities.
- Cross-train and assist in the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Assistants to the CEO, President & General Counsel, who specialize in scheduling, travel-related activities, managing email inboxes, and logistics and planning for daily, weekly, and quarterly offsite Executive Team meetings. This includes providing back-up coverage for the primary assistants assigned to the CEO, President & General Counsel.
- Position may be occasionally required to be on call during evening hours or weekends, particularly while the Executive Vice President is traveling.
- Related duties or special projects as assigned by the Executive Vice President.
Skills you need to succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Dedication to honoring Christ with words, deeds, and behavior.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written (including proofreading and editing), internet research, and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Superior organization skills and strong attention to detail.
- Professionally interact with a wide range of allies, vendors, and team members.
- Self-start with a proven record of punctuality and dependability.
- Manage all assignments with excellence and meet deadlines.
- Diligently maintain highly confidential information.
- Complete assignments with a sense of priority, anticipating executive requirements.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelors in a related field, such as English, Communications, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible administrative experience and executive support.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.