ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Senior Vice President of Communications
Alliance Defending Freedom is seeking an highly talented Senior Vice President of Communications to join us in our Lansdowne, VA office. As the Senior Vice President of Communications, you are a vital part of Alliance Defending Freedom. In this role, you will report to the CEO, President & General Counsel (CEO) and are responsible for assisting the organization with furthering its legal objectives through a comprehensive and strategic communications program which includes constituent communications, marketing, social media, direct response, brand management, and media relations.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Work with the CEO to develop and implement a strategy for communications that advances the legal, legislative, and advocacy objectives of Alliance Defending Freedom.
- Oversee the communications department that includes creating most of the content used externally by ADF. The department includes significant responsibilities for ADF’s marketing and advocacy campaigns, brand recognition, social media efforts, website content, direct mail, media relations, and visual, creative, and constituent communications work.
- Direct the team to develop clear, concise messaging that promotes the work of ADF, and the stories of our clients. Use messaging and the delivery of it to advance the ADF brand while safeguarding our reputation in the court of law and being compelling and persuasive in the court of public opinion. Ensure consistent and cohesive messaging across the organization.
- Develop team members who are dedicated to accurate and inspiring message development, media relations, social media, digital and print communications, marketing, and the development of creative visual content consistent with ADF’s mission and core values.
- Effectively communicate the ADF communication strategy, key objectives, and tactics to the organization.
- Assist the CEO in liaising with other teams to ensure optimum communication, collaboration, and coordination of team-wide objectives.
- Create and direct the team to develop and execute a public relations plan to expand the profile of the CEO in ways that assist the organization.
- Promote teamwork and cross-team communication and efficiency, establish priorities, engage in problem-solving to eliminate bottlenecks and problem areas, and continuously elevate and accelerate the performance of all teams.
- Establish and provide appropriate metrics, dashboards, and reports to convey the work accomplished by the team and how it relates to the key legal objectives and strategic plan.
- Lead and manage people well, including providing appropriate training, opportunities for team members to grow and advance, and an understanding of roles and responsibilities; fostering team cohesion, clear internal communication, and the core conviction that all ADF teams must support one another; and ensuring team members have a deep understanding of ADF’s legal issues and how to communicate about those issues.
- Support, highlight, and make stars out of high-performing team members.
- Assist with monitoring and dealing with a wide variety of issues related to human resources.
- Allocate resources wisely to maximize the achievement of ADF and legal objectives.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the CEO.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A Juris Doctor degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant experience and demonstrated success.
- Well-versed in legal, legislative, and advocacy objectives of Alliance Defending Freedom.
- Experience with social media, marketing, media, and digital communications.
- Understanding of budgeting process, departmental accounting, and human resources.
- Political, government, or legal experience preferred.
- Travel required (15%)
To complete your application, please submit a cover letter with your resume.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.