Website ADFLegal Alliance Defending Freedom
ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Project Coordinator & Assistant
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly organized Project Coordinator & Assistant to join us in our Lansdowne, VA office. As the Project Coordinator & Assistant, you are a vital part of the Corporate Counsel and Church and Ministry Alliance Team. In this role, you will report to the VP of Church & Ministry Alliance and Assistant General Counsel and are responsible for supporting the office of Corporate Counsel with administrative support, project coordination, and assist with ensuring quality control of all projects and assignments. These tasks include, but are not limited to organizing, reviewing, proofreading, and preparing sensitive documents; assisting the VP with managing deadlines and developing timelines to ensure progress for long-term and ongoing ADF related projects and assignments.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Work closely with the Corporate Counsel team to ensure that the scope and direction of the team projects are on schedule by pursuing and enforcing the timeline for the teams involved.
- Organize, review/proofread, and assist with preparing sensitive and confidential documents (This may also include comparing documents to find errors or distinctions.).
- Oversee and help to facilitate emails that come to the Corporate Counsel team.
- Be cognizant of any deadlines and reminders for the Corporate Counsel team.
- Be an internal spokesperson for the Office of Corporate Counsel relating to and understanding the functions of the various ADF teams and departments.
- Help to initiate projects, meetings, and processes for your Team Leader to improve efficiency and meet service goals for the Corporate Counsel team.
- Manage calendar events, travel, meetings & deadlines for your Team Leader and use reminders to keep him on task.
- Help to manage the projects that your Team Leader is responsible for.
- Take initiative to see what needs to be done, rather than waiting to be asked.
- Keep track of your Team Bar Admission Renewals and CLE’s to ensure compliance.
- Assist with Church and Ministry Alliance activities as directed by VP of Church & Ministry Alliance.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Basic legal terms (strongly preferred).
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Superior administrative and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Project management and creative problem-solving.
- Generating, understanding, and communicating different types of data-driven reports.
- Strong interpersonal writing and verbal communication skills in a professional environment.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Be assertive with timelines and deadlines across the team and the organization.
- Thrive within complex logistical work.
- Multi-task and yet maintain strong attention to detail.
- Work both independently and collaborate across teams.
- Take initiative in ever improving the team’s ways to capture, track, organize, or report on team production progress or results.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an administrative support role or project management.
- Strong preference for legal assistant or paralegal experience.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.