ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a full or part-time unpaid fall semester Social Media Intern to join us in our Washington DC or Lansdowne, VA office or remotely. ADF provides undergraduate students an opportunity to acquire real-life experiences beyond the classroom through its internship program. The social media internship is designed to give students first-hand experience working in the field of social media management while contributing to the organization’s advocacy mission. In this role, you will report to a Social Media Manager and serve as a member of the Media Communications Team. You will assist the team in their mission to engage, inspire, and activate audiences to stand for freedom, sanctity of life, and human flourishing. You will learn to apply best practices in social media through social listening, content creation, research, and reporting. This hands-on internship provides an incredible opportunity for students who are exploring a career in non-profit advocacy, law, or communications.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Assist in social media listening activities to maintain real-time awareness of topic trends, influencers, and creative content that can inform ADF social media communication strategies and tactics.
- Participate in content creation initiatives to enhance audience engagement and followership acquisition.
- Draft social media analytics reports using the team’s social media management tools.
- Engage in daily community management activities, including responding to comments, commenting, and nurturing our engaged audiences, allies, and influencers.
- Conduct research to identify, analyze, and identify trends, target audiences, prospective followers, followers, opponents, content opportunities, and platform best practices.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned, including event coverage, rallies, and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Attention to detail while maintaining the big picture.
- Persuasive writing – the ability to transform technical information into engaging content.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Proficiency in visual and digital design, video editing is a plus.
- Integrity, Professionalism, Creative, Initiative, Energetic, Team player
- Flexible with shifting demands
- Work independently
- Keen interest in current events
Education and/or experience:
- Current college student with a major or minor in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science, or related field of study.
- Experience in social media, marketing, digital design, journalism, public relations, or similar trade is preferred
- Must receive college credit for the internship.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.