ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Alliance Defending Freedom is seeking a full-time, highly skilled Accounts Payable Coordinator to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ office. As the Accounts Payable Coordinator, you are a vital part of the Accounting Team. In this role, you are responsible for processing accounts payable as well as timely vendor and team member disbursements. This includes all domestic check and electronic payments as well as being the front-line guardian against fraud and ensuring that every expense is properly documented and reviewed.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
Perform Accounts Payable duties
- Receive and process vendor/grant invoices and internal payment requests.
- Coordinate payment approvals from appropriate personnel.
- Code invoices against the Chart of Accounts.
- Process checks and electronic fund transfers.
- Maintain Accounts Payable files in accounting software.
- Create project codes for team members to facilitate tracking against budget.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Ensure Accounting team complies with Document Retention and other organization-wide policies.
- Assist with Expense Report processing and program maintenance
- Provide input for month end and year end reporting as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Accounting Team as needed.
ADF Corporate Credit Card program
- Code complex invoices, coordinating with team members across departments to ensure correct entry and allocation into Concur expense reporting system.
- Verify accuracy and appropriateness of team member expense reports according to IRS business expense guidelines and ADF policy.
- Assist cardholders with coding and documentation.
- Prepare Concur data for transfer to the financial system.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance, including team member set up, resetting passwords, increasing limits, monitoring fraud, ordering new cards, and updating account codes and approvers.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
Perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Attentive to detail with concurrent ability to view “big picture.”
- Time management and organization.
- Communicate financial concepts to non-financial team members.
- Effectively balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Education and/or experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounts payable or bookkeeping.
- Experience with enterprise-level accounting and expense reporting software is strongly preferred.
- Non-profit or fund accounting experience a plus.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.