ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly professional Paralegal to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ office. As a Paralegal, you are a vital part of the US Legal Advocacy Team. In this role, you will report to the Sr. Counsel. You will perform highly advanced and specialized legal assistant work. Work involves researching, drafting legal documents, and assisting attorneys with case management. Work independently with minimal supervision.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Act in a confidential capacity to all Alliance Defending Freedom attorneys.
- Know and understand federal, state, and local rules and ensure they are followed for each case.
- Prepare trial notebooks and exhibits.
- Prepare documents such as motions, memoranda of law, briefs, orders, and other legal documents.
- Draft memorandum regarding findings of research.
- Organize, index, and summarize Discovery materials; document numbering (“Bates” stamping).
- Monitor the status of legislation and cases via PACER.
- Perform legal research in Westlaw.
- Check citations in briefs and other legal documents to determine the accuracy of quoted material.
- Check citations to determine the accuracy of citation format according to the Bluebook, local court rules, or other citation guidelines.
- Maintain case file information in the Litigation database.
- Maintain documents in iManage.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- May supervise legal duties of one or more legal administrative assistants, when applicable.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Strong legal research and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information.
- Make sound decisions under demanding conditions.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Maintain heavy litigation caseload.
Education and/or experience:
- Paralegal degree or national certification or equivalent work experience.
- Requires 5+ years of advanced experience performing paralegal duties.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.