ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly skilled Database Administrator to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ office. As the Database Administrator, you are a vital part of the I.T. Infrastructure Team. In this role, you will report to the IT Infrastructure Manager and are responsible for having a solid understanding of database management, configuration, and optimization. You will be responsible for ensuring the reliability, performance, and security of our database systems. Additionally, you will work closely with other IT professionals, including developers and system administrators, to support database operations and provide technical expertise.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Manage all database instances across development, staging, and production environments, handling installation, configuration, and maintenance. Monitor database performance, optimize query execution, and tune database parameters to ensure optimal efficiency and responsiveness.
- Implement and enforce database security measures to protect sensitive data. Monitor database access, audit trails, and user privileges to ensure compliance with internal security policies, regulatory requirements, and all applicable legal requirements.
- Develop and implement backup and recovery strategies to protect critical data and ensure data integrity. Perform regular backups and test recovery procedures to minimize the risk of data loss.
- Identify and resolve database performance issues by analyzing query execution plans, tuning SQL statements, and optimizing database structures and indices. Implement performance monitoring tools and provide recommendations for enhancing system performance.
- Access database storage requirements and plan for future growth. Monitor database space utilization, allocate storage resources, and implement partitioning strategies to optimize storage efficiency.
- Implement high availability solutions to ensure database uptime and minimize downtime. Develop and test disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity in the event of system failures or disasters.
- Investigate and resolve database-related issues, including performance bottlenecks, connectivity problems, and data inconsistencies. Work closely with developers and system administrators to diagnose and troubleshoot complex database problems.
- Create and maintain documentation, including database schemas, configuration settings, and standard operating procedures. Prepare reports on database performance, capacity, and system health for management and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other teams, including developers, system administrators, and network engineers, to ensure seamless integration and efficient database operations. Share expertise and knowledge with team members through training sessions, mentoring, and knowledge-sharing initiatives.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database administration, including installation, configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with both PostgreSQL and MySQL database administration, installation, configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of database security principles and experience in implementing security measures.
- Solid understanding of SQL, T-SQL, and database scripting languages.
- Familiarity with database monitoring and performance-tuning tools.
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Microsoft SQL database backup and recovery strategies and tools.
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex database issues.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Work, motivate, and initiate within a team and independently.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a database administrator
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.