Website ADFLegal Alliance Defending Freedom
ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a detail-oriented Payroll Specialist to join us in our Scottsdale office. The Finance Team has oversight and management of ADF’s financial services through business processes that support diverse transactions and information needs and satisfy compliance requirements. The Team’s success leads to excellence in ministry accountability, stewardship, decision-making, fiscal management, and reputation. As the Payroll Specialist, you are a vital part of the Finance Team. In this role, you report to the Finance Operations Manager and are responsible for all aspects of payroll and payroll tax compliance.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll. This includes system workflow management, administration of time and attendance entries, and compilation and verification of payroll adjustments.
- Prepare regular monthly payroll journal entries and bank account entries and adjusting journal entries as needed.
- Ensure proper taxation of employer-paid benefits, as well as compliance with state withholding, unemployment, and disability insurance.
- Review vendor-prepared quarterly and annual payroll tax returns.
- Prepare and process accurate and timely year-end reporting.
- Respond to Team Member and HR payroll-related questions.
Accounting Operations and Team Support
- Support annual audit and IRS Form 990 preparation efforts by providing timely completion of checklists and schedules within areas of responsibility.
- Maintain an understanding of internal accounting operations and systems in order to assist Team Leaders in identifying and resolving budget variances.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Payroll management and compliance.
- General understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Professionally handle confidential information.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business field, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in payroll, accounting, or bookkeeping.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit hrbrg.co.