ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly skilled Senior Counsel to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ or Lansdowne, VA office. As Senior Counsel, you are a vital part of the ADF Team. This position will focus in particular on parental rights advocacy.
In this role, you are responsible for undertaking the most advanced and complex litigation handled by ADF, carrying the brunt of the day-to-day litigation, and training more junior attorneys to litigate within areas of particular interest to ADF. Supervise senior, midlevel, and junior attorneys in complex civil litigation with emphasis on Constitutional law and 42 U.S.C. § 1983 civil rights actions.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Litigate complex cases at appellate and trial levels
- Undertake immediate legal action in urgent circumstances
- Exercise initiative as a senior attorney to investigate potential cases
- Represent clients in court, especially in parental rights litigation, and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government.
- Supervise individual attorneys and team attorneys who are litigating federal and state civil rights cases
- Review and edit substantive briefs
- Participate in moot courts for appellate and trial cases
- Train and mentor midlevel and junior attorneys in all phases of state and federal litigation.
- Maintain superior quality of all legal papers via review and editing; conduct advanced legal research on novel issues of law
- Interview clients and witnesses
- Prepare and file legal briefs
- Develop strategy, arguments, and testimony in preparation for presentation of case
- Provide legal advice regarding laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses
- Cooperate with Development team by accepting various opportunities to communicate ADF’s legal operations to our ministry friends
- Network and develop relationships with allied attorneys, and/or potential allied attorneys
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and proven project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Work, motivate, and initiate within a team
- Prioritize and achieve deadline goals
- Professionally handle confidential information
Education and/or experience:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, WordPerfect, and Westlaw software
- Bachelor’s degree; J.D., licensed to practice law in relevant jurisdiction
- 10+ years of experience preferred
To complete your application, please send a writing sample and a copy of your transcript to HR@adflegal.org.
To apply for this job please visit hrbrg.co.