ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly creative Writer & Editor to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ Office. As the Writer & Editor, you are a vital part of the Church & Ministry Alliance team. In this role, you will report to the Communications & Operations Director, CMA and are responsible for crafting compelling, Gospel-centered content across various platforms while also ensuring that all materials align with our brand guidelines and mission. Your responsibilities span content creation, curation, and editorial oversight, serving to both engage our members and enhance brand awareness.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Write compelling, action-oriented marketing materials including emails, display and print advertisements, and digital campaign copy.
- Write and shape various types of content, including emails, newsletters, blogs, video scripts, commentary, reports, resources, and more to improve brand awareness and increase member engagement while effectively and accurately incorporating references to Scripture.
- Take complex concepts and legal explanations and translate them into succinct, compelling updates.
- Act as a frontline brand manager by shaping the audience’s perception of the Church & Ministry Alliance through strategic content creation, curation, and editing.
- Write in a manner that is simple, concrete, and personally engaging—quickly answering why readers should care about something or how it affects them.
- Develop thought leadership and editorial content that provides value to ministry leaders and builds the CMA brand.
- Stay up to date on new developments and trends in the church and ministry world.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Understanding of writing principles and techniques for digital writing (including strong subject lines, the use of headings, hyperlinks, multimedia, calls to action, and other digital and search engine optimization (SEO) elements).
- Possess a nuanced understanding of the Gospel-centered denominational landscape within Christianity. While we remain rooted in the core tenets of the Gospel, a refined awareness of these nuances will guide our respectful engagement with an ecumenical audience.
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Strong creative and persuasive writing skills are a must.
- Multitask with a strong attention to detail.
- Think creatively, problem-solve, and be flexible.
- Navigate a review process that includes various opinions and ensure the integrity of the end product.
- Take initiative and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Work cross-team to clearly define a project, deliver it on time, and stay on budget.
- Work effectively both cross-team and independently.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, theology, journalism, communications, marketing, or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in writing.
*To complete your application, please include a writing sample in the additional documents section or if the files are too large, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.