ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly creative Graphic Designer to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ, Lansdowne, VA or Washington DC office. As a Graphic Designer, you are a vital part of the Visual Communications team. In this role, you will report to the Director of Visual Communications and are responsible for the creation of design materials, digital and print, that meet the standards of excellence.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Design various materials for digital and print Visual Communications Team needs including signs, reports, advertisements, brand templates, digital graphics, and other collateral that advances ADF’s goals in accordance with standards of excellence set forth by the Visual Communications Director.
- Develop designs that are legible, aesthetically pleasing, contemporary, audience appropriate, and consistent with ADF’s visual identity in the use of typography, graphics, and composition.
- Help create and work within ADF’s framework of visual identity guidelines to create brand-appropriate, visually excellent design materials for public marketing initiatives.
- Participate in creative team discussions to focus and translate organizational priorities and ensure most audience and brand-appropriate approaches are explored for each creative project.
- Translate multifaceted ideas and concepts into design products.
- Contribute and adhere to best communications practices.
- Create or find appropriate art (photos, illustrations, other graphics) for design projects, and work closely with photographers to utilize all available assets.
- Work in tandem with creative team members to collaborate on cross-functional products and ensure consistency across multimedia products.
- Maintain standards of quality, legibility, and aesthetics in all design materials. Maintain proper grammatical standards.
- Be responsible for researching modern styles and implementing appropriate stylistic trends into ADF design materials.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties as assigned
Skills you need to succeed:
- Creative design software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Best practice brand techniques, awareness of stylistic trends, must have a keen eye for good design.
- Best communications practices, ability to effectively message and communicate ideas.
- Requirements and design specs for digital and print content on various platforms (best practices).
- Digital and print media best practices, bonus: photography, animation (After Effects experience).
- Prioritize, multitask, and meet tight deadlines
- Adapt to ADF’s unique needs and dynamic environment.
- Clearly present ideas in all stages of the design process and articulate design rationale.
- Close attention to design aesthetics, technical details, and grammar.
- Thoughtfully receive constructive critique; ability to objectively process feedback to evolve designs.
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Working effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Creative strategy, content marketing, critical thinking.
- Maintaining organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Graphic Design.
- 2-3 years of experience in graphic design.
*To complete your application, please upload or include a link to your portfolio and include a cover letter with your resume.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.