Website ADFLegal Alliance Defending Freedom
ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly skilled Legal Counsel to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ or Lansdowne, VA office. As Legal Counsel, you are a vital part of the US Legal Division Team. In this role, you will report to Sr. Counsel. Legal Counsel is an experienced attorney capable of undertaking complex litigation and appellate advocacy without substantial oversight by senior attorneys. Legal Counsel trains junior attorneys in basic civil litigation with emphasis on First Amendment law and 42 U.S.C. § 1983 civil rights actions; also litigates civil actions up to including trial and appeals, drafts legal documents, advises clients as to legal rights, and practices other phases of law by performing the following duties. Legal Counsel oversees administrative and paralegal support functions.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Conduct research, interview clients, witnesses
- Prepare and respond to written discovery; conduct and defend depositions; Represent clients in court, and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government; interpret laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Confer with colleagues to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings
- Cooperate with Development team, including speaking engagements and other events
- Review in-house contracts and legal issues
- Interact with media regarding cases and issues
- Advise allied attorneys on legal issues within areas of competence.
- Network and develop relationships with allied attorneys, and/or potential allied attorneys.
- Train junior attorneys; perform quality control via review and editing of junior attorneys’ drafts; in-house workshops, and one-on-one mentoring
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Westlaw
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and proven project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven customer service and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professionally handle confidential information
- Work, motivate, and initiate within a team.
- Prioritize and achieve deadline goals
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree: J.D., licensed to practice law in relevant jurisdiction
- Trial experience preferred
To complete your application, please send a writing sample and a copy of your transcript to HR@adflegal.org.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit hrbrg.co.