Website ADFLegal Alliance Defending Freedom
ADF Advocates for Your Right to Freely Live out Your Faith
Everyone says they want to change the world. We’re looking for people who actually will.
Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith. Please visit www.adflegal.org/about-us/careers to view our Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Distinctives.
Senior Counsel, Center for Academic Freedom
Alliance Defending Freedom is looking for a highly skilled Senior Counsel to join us in our Scottsdale, AZ; Lansdowne, VA; or Washington DC office. As Senior Counsel, you are a vital part of the ADF Team. In this role, you are responsible for undertaking the most advanced and complex litigation handled by ADF, carrying the brunt of the day-to-day litigation, and training more junior attorneys to litigate within areas of particular interest to ADF. Supervise senior, midlevel, and junior attorneys in complex civil litigation with an emphasis on First Amendment law and 42 U.S.C. § 1983 civil rights actions.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Litigate complex cases at appellate and trial levels.
- Undertake immediate legal action in urgent circumstances.
- Exercise initiative as a senior attorney to investigate potential cases.
- Represent clients in court and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government.
- Supervise individual attorneys and team attorneys who are litigating federal and state civil rights cases.
- Review and edit substantive briefs.
- Participate in moot courts for appellate and trial cases.
- Train and mentor midlevel and junior attorneys in all phases of state and federal litigation.
- Maintain superior quality of all legal papers via review and editing; conduct advanced legal research on novel issues of law.
- Interview clients and witnesses.
- Prepare and file legal briefs.
- Develops strategy, arguments, and testimony in preparation for the presentation of the case.
- Provide legal advice regarding laws, rulings, and regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Cooperate with the Development team by accepting various opportunities to communicate ADF’s legal operations to our ministry friends.
- Network and develop relationships with allied attorneys, and/or potential allied attorneys.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and proven project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Work, motivate, and initiate within a team.
- Prioritize and achieve deadline goals.
- Professionally handle confidential information.
Education and/or experience:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, WordPerfect, and Westlaw software.
- Bachelor’s degree; J.D., licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction.
- 10+ years of experience strongly preferred.
To complete your application, please attach a writing sample and copy of your transcripts to your application or if the files are too large, email to email@example.com.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ORGANIZATION WITH A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE, TOO?
We have it! Alliance Defending Freedom offers team members a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes major medical insurance, dental care, medical and dependent care reimbursement, paid disability, long-term care insurance, and life insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Work and life balance is important to the well-being of our team members. You will receive paid time off (PTO) that starts accruing from your hire date and 11 paid holidays per year.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.hirebridge.com.