A highly reputable, faith-based non-profit organization is seeking a transactional Paralegal for their Scottsdale, AZ location. This position will provide paralegal support for the General Counsel’s team. The Paralegal also focuses on managing projects in all stages of corporate transactions, organizational support, legal research, policy drafting, as well as the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state, and local regulations in the conduct of business activities.
Successful candidates must be able to assist with all aspects of corporate transactions, including estate administration. Experience with a law firm or in the legal department of a corporation, with a good knowledge of a variety of transactions is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication, strong prioritization and organizational skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, strong critical thinking, the ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities with short deadlines, and an ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment are essential.
The position offers competitive salary, good benefits, and pleasant working conditions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Draft correspondence to regulatory bodies, attorneys, trustees, estate contacts and general constituency.
• Develop complex documentation including, but not limited to, life-income contracts and calculations, gift agreements, deeds of gift, etc.
• Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
• Effectively prioritize work and monitor deadlines; manage information workflow by:
o Organizing maintaining, and tracking files which are organized chronologically, numerically, and/or by subject matter;
o Creating, maintaining, and retiring files according to attorney preference; and
o Assist attorney(s)s in managing contacts, emails, and hard copy documents.
• Respond to inquiries from all persons involved in a timely and professional manner including outside legal personnel and organization constituents.
• Manage important dates and files.
• Effectively maintain transaction calendars, including follow up communications, meetings, conferences, etc., as required.
• Maintain corporate governance books.
• General office duties in support of the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
Spiritual: Committed follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, whose life exhibits the fruit of
the Spirit; belief that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; certificate from an ABA-approved Paralegal training program.
Experience: More than 15 years of paralegal experience and expertise is required, with five or more years of progressively responsible experience in the area of contract management, or as a transactional paralegal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possess a servant’s heart; humble, teachable, willing listener.
• Analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to identify complex problems and develop actionable solutions.
• Commitment to effective teamwork and providing assistance to other team members as time permits; work cooperatively and collaboratively with other departments and individuals in the organization.
• Significant substantive knowledge of the procedures, terminology and documents relating to corporate matters; high degree of specialization in areas of expertise.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Strong proficiency in math with ability to understand and manipulate data.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficiency in the following software applications:
o Microsoft Office Suite: This includes Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Individual should be able to consistently style, format, edit, text, and enter
data or graphics resulting in a professional document for the client.
o Database Applications: Individual will need to maintain matter files in
paper or electronically as directed by the attorney, including being able to
scan and electronically hyperlink documents to indexes.
o Sending secure emails via file transfer services.
• Proofreading all documents for grammar, spelling, punctation. format, and content.
• Adherence to confidentiality standards.
• Demonstrated ability to both understand the “big picture” and pay attention to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
• Operates in a remote or office-based environment and this role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, etc. and requires sitting or standing for long periods of time.
• Requires attending meetings, both in person and virtually as well as speaking on the phone or via another platform with colleagues, vendors, volunteers, etc.; speaking, hearing and listening are required.
• Work may require occasional travel; working at remote office locations.
• Very limited physical effort required.
• Very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Christian Testimony for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org