Website Firm Foundation Youth Homes
Healing in foster care through connection and Christ
We are looking for mission-minded people to care for and nurture young people in Arizona’s foster care system. The Youth Support Aide will be flexible, self-directed and an independent problem solver. They will assist the staff in meeting the material, physical, spiritual, emotional, and disciplinary needs of each child in the home. Evening and weekend availability required. Sample shifts include 6:30am-2:30pm, 2:00pm-10:00pm, 9:00pm-8:00am.
Weekend and overnight opportunities are our highest priority.
Other responsibilities include:
- Support children through Connecting principles (TBRI) and Grace Based Parenting
- Facilitating recreational and social life skills activities for all children
- Transport children to/from school, activities, appointments and religious options as necessary
- Assist with meal preparation and house cleaning
- Dispense medications
- Complete daily progress notes, and other documentation
- Participate in team meetings and agency wide trainings
- Maintain all DCS licensing standards
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, or equivalent
- At least 21 years of age
- Have at least one year experience working with children, last 2 years employment verifiable
- Preferably having knowledge of Trauma Informed Care, TBRI, Grace Based Parenting
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Possess an operational vehicle and a valid AZ driver’s license; clean driving record
- Effective oral and written communication skills, basic computer skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends or overnights
- Able to obtain a valid Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Dept. of Public Safety and pass a criminal background checkCPR/First Aid Certified (or ability to obtain within three months of hiring)
Character/Spiritual: dependable, reliable, integrity and Mature Christian, currently attending or pursuing attendance in a local church.
Starting pay is $18/hr for qualified candidates.
Benefits include: Full medical, vision, dental, AFLAC. Employer contributes over 80% towards these benefits!
PTO, Paid sick time, Paid Holidays, cell phone, mileage reimbursement. Interested parties can contact us at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org